News and Announcements
On August 14th Mike Leonard, Mike Murray, and Mark Elder attended the WCPSL League Meeting and scheduled our league meets for the 2019-2020 season. Our team had met before hand with a team of parents to create a plan of attack for meet scheduling. While we did not get everything we wanted we did get a nice selection of home and away meets at locations parents had requested.
The WCPSL Meet Schedule for the 2019-2020 Season is posted under the Events/Meets Tab. Please note all meet dates and opponents are tentative and subject to change without notice. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The document 2019-2020_WCPSL_Meets.pdf was attached to this post.
Coach Mark Elder, Vice-President Mike Murray, and President Mike Leonard attended the WCPSL League Meeting on August 14th and reported the following WCPSL updates:
- CHAMPS tentatively scheduled for March 28, 2020 @ Steubenville High School (Hosted by NGAC)
- NGAC will offer a free stroke and turn training to interested parents on a Saturday TBD in September. Every team should have a minimum of 4 trained parents.
- HAAC will be part of a committee to explore the making an 8 lane pool a requirement for hosting CHAMPS as well as negotiating a long term agreement with Steubenville High School.
By Law Updates
- Special Olympic Swimmers can participate until age 21.
- “Age Up” date changed from October 1 to September 1.
- For a meet to count as official you must have a minimum of two trained stroke and turn judges. (They do not need to be USA Swimming certified)
Any Questions? Please email email@example.com
Tiger Shark Lindsey Brown recently competed in the Habitat for Humanity Kids Triathlon. This was Lindsey’s First Triathlon. Lindsey finished second overall in her swim heat. She was fast on the bike. The run was a different story . But she killed it and finished. Thanks John and Margie Brown for supporting Lindsey in all her endeavors!
We will hold try-out and registration for NEW SWIMMERS on September 9th & 10th @ the Jr. High Pool.
Those wishing to try-out should come with a swim suit, goggles, and a towel.
New swimmers will be asked to swim 25 yards freestyle (Front Crawl) and 25 yards backstroke.
Upon successful completion coaches may ask swimmers to demonstrate additional techniques to assess skill level for training group placement.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
The first practice of the 2019-2020 season will be September 11th. Training Groups as follows:
Great White 5:00PM to 6:30PM
Tiger 5:00PM to 6:00PM
Hammer Head 6:30PM to 7:30PM
Bull 6:45PM to 7:30PM
Mako 6:00PM to 6:45PM